ORLANDO, Fla. – As one of the most sought-after destinations in the U.S., Orlando maintains its popularity as one of the top places for summer vacationers and promises an array of new experiences for visitors planning their next trip to the Theme Park Capital of the World. In addition to new attractions at Orlando’s theme parks, the destination is offering up even more new adventures ranging from a new golf entertainment venue from Tiger Woods to an alcohol-free speakeasy concept.
“Orlando is ready to welcome summer travelers with unforgettable new experiences,” said Casandra Matej, president and CEO for Visit Orlando. “Whether you’re a theme park expert or a first-time visitor, there’s always something new to discover in Orlando with a variety of new hotels, unique restaurants and one-of-a-kind attractions to explore and create new vacation memories.”
Continuous updates on what’s new in Orlando can be found at VisitOrlando.com, the official visitor information source for the destination. On the website, visitors can also make an appointment for a complimentary, personalized one-on-one Vacation Planning Service with one of Visit Orlando’s vacation planning experts for advice and guidance on building the perfect itinerary.
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind, EPCOT‘s first “other-world” showcase pavilion opens May 27, featuring a new storytelling coaster that rotates 360 degrees to focus on the action, including the first reverse launch on a Disney coaster.
- Ice Breaker, SeaWorld Orlando‘s first launch coaster features four launches, both backwards and forwards, culminating in a reverse launch with a 93-foot-tall spike with 100-degree angle, the steepest vertical drop in Florida.
- Aquatica Orlando‘s newest water slide, Reef Plunge, offers eye-catching translucent cutouts and rings with twists and turn though 330 feet of fiberglass. A vibrant array of marine life, Commerson’s dolphins, leopard sharks and a variety of other cold-water fish are also part of the new dynamic habitat.
- PopStroke, a golf entertainment venue created in partnership with Tiger Woods, will offer a menu of handhelds and pizzas to enjoy from the indoor-outdoor dining room overlooking two 18-hole miniature golf courses. PopStroke even has an app to automatically keep track of scores on the course and is set to open in May at Waterford Lakes Town Center.
- Take a short drive to explore Orlando’s local neighborhoods and experience The BANDBOX – Orlando, Central Florida’s first alcohol-free speakeasy cocktail tasting lounge and vintage shop, will open this summer at Ivanhoe Village in Downtown Orlando.
- Immersion at London House, a new boutique restaurant by Chef Rikku Ó’Donnchü, features a tasting menu-only concept with a sensorial dining experience focused on science, climate change, sustainable farming and zero waste, where texture, scents and sounds are as important as taste.
- The New York Beer Project, set to open this summer in Winter Garden, will resemble an indoor beer garden complete with a gastropub, sidewalk bistro and up to 20 craft beers on tap.
- Three-time James Beard Award semifinalist and “Top Chef” contestant Chef John Tesar has brought his concept Knife Burger to the JW Marriott Orlando. Featuring a slightly more expanded menu than the original Texas location, the poolside restaurant offers classic, high-quality burgers as well as seafood burgers and salads, all made with the finest ingredients.
- The Tuscan-inspired, 126-room ette Hotel Orlandoopens in June near Disney World. Focusing on wellness as an alcohol-free property, the hotel offers culinary experiences in partnership with Michelin Star Chef Akira Back, along with The Spa at ette, with services for everyone from the modern minimalist to the unruly naturalist.
- AC Hotel by Marriott Orlando Lake Buena Vista will offer a state-of-the-art, 24-hour fitness facility, inventive chef-tailored dining and signature cocktail service. The property is set to open June 2022.
About Visit Orlando
Visit Orlando is The Official Tourism Association® for Orlando, the most visited destination in the United States and Theme Park Capital of the World®. Visit Orlando connects consumers with every segment of Central Florida’s travel community, whether for a vacation or meeting. Home to seven of the world’s top theme parks — as well as refreshing water parks, outdoor thrill rides, activities to connect with nature, and a dynamic dining and entertainment scene — Orlando is welcoming to travelers of all ages. With 450 hotels, visitors have choices that span multi-acre resorts to themed boutique hotels. Orlando’s trusted theme parks, attractions, hotels and businesses have developed comprehensive safety measures and worked closely with medical experts to create safe travel experiences. Find more information at VisitOrlando.com.
Editor’s Note: For additional press information or high-resolution downloadable images,
please visit VisitOrlando.com/media.