My food of the week was experienced in Fade Street Social during a taste of Santa Monica, California evening. Santa Monica Travel & Tourism were in Dublin with their partners Fairmount Miramar Hotel & Bungalows, Hotel Shangri-La and British Airways hosting an evening of presentations and food.
On the menu for Starters was a selection to share:
– Mini goat logs wrapped in ham brushed with balsamic and truffle honey.
– Salted popcorn with crispy free-range chicken cooked in tapioca flour, rolled in sumac with truffle butter.
– Cured salmon with truffle honey, yoghurt and lemon puree.
Mains was a selection to share of:
– Slow roast whole baby chicken with onion lyonnaise and peppered bacon.
– Point end steak with rosemary and bone marrow butter.
– Truffle pasta with charred asparagus and parmesan.
Sides, a selection to share:
– Potatoes cooked in beef dripping with hollandaise and herbs.
– Seasonal vegetables from the garden with chervil, hollandaise and truffle.
– Skinny fries with grated parmesan smoked bacon and brown onion puree.
To end the evening a selection of pastries and tea or coffee.
A very enjoyable evening. Thank You to Santa Monica Travel & Tourism and partners.